Phoebe’s Chicken Adobo
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- 2 potatoes cut into large chunks
- 1 cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 whole garlic smashed and peeled
- 2 pounds chicken thighs or drumsticks (Phoebe used drumsticks)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 stock cubes
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stir in the garlic until it softens. Then add half the onion and stir until softened and
- Add in the potatoes and stir until they brown and partly cook. Then take them out and leave to the side to add in later.
- Stir in the chicken and stir fry until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add in the bay leaves, 2 stock cubes and one cup of water and cover.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and the rest of the onions.
- Add the soy sauce, salt, sugar and vinegar and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chillies and serve with rice.