Virtual Gala Ball
This year, because you can’t come to us, we will bring the Gala Ball to you – an unforgettable evening to come together and give Small Lives Big Hope.
We are delighted to invite you to our Virtual Gala Ball. Just $150 purchases your hamper* and your YouTube link to this exclusive event.
*Hampers are now sold out but don’t worry you can still join our Virtual Gala Ball and get involved with all the fun by purchasing a link to the live event for just $50*.
( *This is a per link cost not a per person cost. You only need purchase one link per household/group watching together.)
Can’t make it on the night? No worries you can still join in the fun. You can bid on items, buy raffle tickets and make donations by visiting our online auction site right HERE.
Have Some Questions Before you Book?
How do I “attend”?
It’s super easy! Just click on the “book here” link to buy your ticket. Each ticket purchases one hamper* for two and one link to access the live event.
There is no need to buy one ticket per person if you’ll be watching and enjoying the event together with another. Just one ticket per couple or household is more than sufficient.
How does it all work?
When you purchase a ticket for the event 3 things will occur.
- You will receive our wonderful hamper* of goodies (more details on contents below). The hamper will be delivered to your door between Wed-Fri the week of the event. There will be instructions on how to best store the items, ready for the big night!
- We will send guests who have not purchased a hamper the full list and tasting descriptions of the contents of the hamper. You can then purchase similar items to join in with the taste sensations if you wish to.
- We will be opening up the online auction and raffle at least a week before the event. This will give you lots of time to have a look at what’s on offer and even put in a cheeky early bid! We will send you an email to let you know as soon as the auction opens.
- On the day of the ball, we will send you a link to access the event. All you will need to do is click on it a few minutes before the start. You won’t need to worry about passwords or download anything, it’s just a simple click. we did tell you it was super easy! (All you need is to be connected to the internet).
What’s in the hamper?
Well, have we got a treat in store for you! The exclusive hamper will contain:
- 3 bottles of wine from the Shelmerdine Wine Company
- 3 artisan cheeses from Boatshed Cheese carefully selected to match the wines: Oasis a fresh light goat cheese coated in French chives and garlic, BeachBox Brie a rich jersey brie, Chelsea Blue a Stilton style but with a good salty-sweet balance.
- 2 tasty beers from Jetty Rd Brewery
- Handmade quince paste from Tamara’s Kitchen
- A selection of high-quality crackers
- Mixed nuts from Peninsula Nuts
- A sweet treat from Heidi’s Kitchen.
- A Macadamia and Salted Caramel bar from Mornington Peninsula Chocolates
- A juicy pear from Hawkes Farm Gate
What will I be watching on the night?
We are incredibly lucky that the team at Radio Port Philip will be hosting the event live from their studio. Our MC John Shore OAM, our fabulous CEO, Elizabeth will be live in the studio and some other special guests will be joining us:
- One of Australia’s most recognisable stand-up comics, having performed at 16 Melbourne International Comedy Festivals and at dozens of comedy club nationally – Dave O’Neil will keep us entertained.
- Amalia Foy, the youngest ever Grand Finalist in the TV talent show “X Factor” will be wowing us with her beautiful angelic voice.
Our winemaker, cheesemaker and brewer will be on hand to guide you through the hamper with tips and tricks to maximise the taste sensations. We’ll also be heading out remotely to a few other locations and dropping in to visit the kids at our Retreat in Kilmore.
I can’t attend the event, but I would like to buy a raffle ticket or check out your auction items, can I?
You certainly can. You can bid on items, buy raffle tickets and make donations right HERE
Why have you chosen these producers?
Our Retreat is based in Kilmore, in regional Victoria. After the bushfires earlier in the year, and now with the Coronavirus restrictions, we know that our neighbour’s in regional areas are doing it tough. We think this is an excellent opportunity to send some support their way by filling our hamper with their amazing produce and showcasing them. If you enjoy your hamper, please make sure you jump on their websites and restock with your favourite items – they all deliver!